The most impressive contemporary multifunctional commercial and residential equivalent of interwar Kaunas. The palace in International exhibition - Art and technique in modern life – („Exposition Internationale des Arts et des Techniques“) Paris, 1937 was awarded by bronze medal and diploma of honor. The building is distinguished for simplicity, expressive and commanding architecture. In interim period the ground floor was assigned for commerce: „Milk centre“ shop, milk bar, Murali parlor. Arch. Vytautas Landsbergis - Žemkalnis, 1931-1932.