This is the only building in Kaunas in advance devoted just to diplomatic representatives . The project made in 1930 by an architect Vytautas Landsbergis-Žemkalnis. The building is exceptional for functional planning of rooms, as an innovative solution of spaces of that time, peculiar to the most famous examples of modernistic architecture. When relations between the Church and the Lithuanian government became worse in 1931 ,enunciate had to leave the country. In 1932 the house was leased and adapted to the hospital for children. In 1940 a new enunciate arrived to Lithuania, but the country was occupied by the Soviet Union, so the enunciate couldn’t start working. After the World War II there was a kinder garden here, from 1971 – Department of culture, from 1973 – house for artists.