The idea of art museum appeared at the beginning of the XX c, with the first presentations of exhibitions of Lithuanian works of art in 1907 as well as activities of Lithuanian art union. In 1921 temporal building was projected , but in 1930 a project of a new museum building was made under the project of Vladimiras Dubeneckis, Karolis Reisonas and Kazimieras Kriščiukaitis. This is the only place where there is nearly a whole heritage of the most famous works of the Lithuanian painter, composer, educator M. K. Čiurlionis (1875–1911) . M. K. Čiurlionis gallery exhibits Lithuanian genius paintings and graphic works . There is a possibility to listen to M. K. Čiurlionis music records in music hall. Museum organizes various events : children and professional singers concerts, books presentations, lectures, seminars, scientific conferences , guided tours, educational programs prepared for children and youngsters.