Established in 1921, the M. K. Čiurlionis National Museum of Art has turned into one of the oldest and largest art museums in Lithuania. It is the best place in Lithuania to become acquainted with the development of Lithuanian and international art history and culture, from ancient times to the present day.The primary mission of the museum today is to encourage the understanding of the cultural and artistic processes by collecting, protection, studying and introducing the M. K. Čiurlionis collection, together with Lithuanian and worldwide cultural heritage.
INFORMATION. We'd like to inform you that M. K. Čiurlionis exposition of paintings will be closed during 19th of November – 10th of December. During this period you will still be able to visit other exhibitions:
• M. K. Čiurlionis biography exposition;
• Exposition “The Break of Dawn. Lithuanian Visual Arts prior to 1918”;
• Exposition-installation “Benefactors.lt”;
• Exposition “Returned to the Light. Story of a Fragile Work of Art” (untill the 3rd of December);
• Eugenijus Varkulevičius-Varkalis works of art exposition displayed on the 30th of November;
• Events in music hall.
Photo by: A. Aleksandravičius.