The Palace, built in 1937, is an extravagant building of the late inter‑war period. It is distinguished by its ‘national’ style and patriotic symbols. The palace is made of local building materials which serve both for representation of the state and for the public need. This edifice is the location of the officers’ club and its decorative architecture testifies to the honorific status of officers during the inter‑war period. The architects of the building were Stasys Kudokas, Kazys Kriščiukaitis and Jonas KovaKovalskis; the engineer was Anatolijus Rozenbliumas.